Sunday, June 28, 2009

Goodbye Buddy

Trey passed away Thursday at St. Jude's in Memphis. His family was by his side. Trey's disability wasn't fatal. It's just that with Ataxia-Telangiectasia comes the increased risk of lymphoma and that took it's toll on his weakened body.

I remember cutting the grass one Saturday and found a mostly hidden area on the side of my yard where a beautiful peony flower was growing. It was hidden from the street and the sidewalk. You would have to be looking for it to see it there. I wondered if God plants these disabled children among us and their broken bodies sometimes hide their beauty from my view. They're there, over to the side, hidden from the mainstream and God sees their beauty and they glorify Him in ways I don't understand. I want to see Christ in their faces. I do not want to miss their beauty.

Now Trey smiles like he has never smiled before. He moves purposefully and without the aid of a 200 pound wheelchair. I can only imagine his joy as he sees the one who died for him. I bet he's running and dancing. I love you little buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment